Sunday 17 July 2016

Info About Institution Where I Study Right Now

Before I start to introduce Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, first I need to introduce my education background. For your introduction, Malaysia Education system is 11 year, which 6 years in primary school and 5 years in secondary school. Many of people need to persuade their study in Foundation level in university/college because we just have 11 years of education background. Besides, they will choose the overseas foundation like A-level, Ausmat and so long. In Malaysia, we can take ASASI which is foundation in local university, matriculation, and the last STPM. For me, I choose the diploma level. My diploma is 3 years course.

Here, I start to introduce my institution. The institution I am study right now is Polytechnic Banting Selangor. It is located in Selangor state of Malaysia. For your information, we have about 33 polytechnic in all Malaysia. Mine is the twenty-fourth polytechnic in Malaysia. The geographic location of my polytechnic near with the Port Klang, which it just 45 minutes journey to reach there.

My polytechnic had provided total three course, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and Diploma in Technology Manufacturing. In this post, I will just introduce my course. Until today, our poly student totally just have about 400 people. For my badge, my class has 20 person while another have 25 person,totally only we have two classes. The special of my badge is my class is for civilian and another is Royal Air Force. The thing I think I proud of is me is just only the only Chinese in my badge.

For your knowledge, my polytechnic is not the only institute provided this course, there are also have a few of institution that provide the same course, but I can ensure my polytechnic provided course is the best value one in the course fee and the other issues like facilities we have, lecturer experience, student benefits, hostel fee and so long. Other institution I will mention one by one later. Our polytechnics is the only one government institution which provided Aircraft Maintenance course category B1.1 in Malaysia.

HERE, are the main important information. my course in Diplome level is 3 years course. Normally, we need to spend about RM 30K-RM 40K to finish the course,but I study at here, I just need RM 200 each semester to complete my course and RM 630 for hostel fee each semester. For now, I am in semester 3. For the course structure, I will provide later. These are the information I want to share in this post. The details of my polytechnic are in the below. Thank You.

Polytechnic Banting Selangor




Address : Persiaran Ilmu, Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad, 42700 Banting, Selangor.
No. Tel  : 03-3120 1625
No. Fax : 03-30120 1706
Official Website: http://www.polibanting.edu.my/v2/
Official Facebook Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Politeknik-Banting-Selangor/453767711336935?fref=ts
MRO Department Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/JPPPBS/
PBS Student Council Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Banting-Polytechnic-Student-Affairs-Council-MPP-1691164797832964/?fref=ts


I will introduce facilities in my polytechnic later...

4 comments:

  1. Hello Zijan Wai.
    I have a few questions for you and i really hope that you will answer it.
    1.About this polytech fee,does i need to fork out my own money each semester to pay the hostel or i can pay it using my ptptn?

    2.i want to know if the whole silibus tought in this course'Aircraft maintenance engineering',is it all in english?

    3.can you send/show me some picture of polytechnic banting's hostel.i just want to know how does it look like.

    4.how many students will be located in one hostel room?

    5.can studets bring a rice cooker and iron to the hostel?

    6.can you list me some of the things that not-allowed in this polytech hostel?

    That's all.I hope you'll reply my comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Arjuna
      I will answer your questions one by one

      1. About polytech fee, you can paid it by ptptn loan but usually ptptn come after the semester start so better u pay the fee by your own money first as the fee is just RM 200 only.

      2. I can said that yes, it is all taught in English... If you don't understand the lesson, the lecturer can explain it in Malay. So, it is not a problem.

      3. To this question, I already post it in my blog. You search this link: https://amemyworld.blogspot.my/2016/07/facilities-in-my-hostel.html

      4. Hostel room is 6 person per room. If you are student representative or ajk hostel, you can choose to stay 3 person per room

      5. Student cannot bring rice cooker but iron, they encourage you to bring the iron.

      6. I think you know what are not allow in hostel. Loudspeaker, material there are prohibited, cigarettes and so on.

      Thank for your questions. You are feel free to ask if got any inquiries later.

      Delete
  2. Owh...I hope you'll always update your blog because for me,your blog was really helpful.before i read out this blog, i have no idea about this polythec as it doesn't seem so famous like other polythec but for me the course offered in PBS was really awesome.

    Another questions from me:

    1.how long does it take forme to finish my diploma in PBS?

    2.from your experiences,is it hard to pass DCAM exam? How long does it take to finished your DCAM exam?

    3.after you finished your study at PBS,is it easy to find a job for yourself or is it hard to find a job at ani airlines?

    Thank you for answering my whole lot of questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For your question,

      1 It take 3 years to complete Diploma course.

      2 From my experience, right now it is quite hard to pass exam but there are still have persons can pass through it. For the duration of complete your DCAM exam, I cannot give you an answer as everyone who already completed it, they take different time.

      3. For this question, I cannot said you can get job easily or otherwise. It depend on your luck after you graduated. There are still got a lot of graduates can get jobs in the field. So, it depend on you.

      Thank you.

      Delete