Thursday 8 September 2016

A MOVIE REVIEW: SULLY


"Sully" official poster

Just now, I just went to saw movie which titled "Sully" in nearby cinema with some of my classmates. Right now, I want to make my first review to aviation movie. Start right now, first this movie is not tragedy or disaster genre movie. For who would seen it as these type of genre, you guys must be very disappointed. So, am I. I still remembered first time I saw its trailer, I thought it is tragedy movie. But it is not, it is totally a drama type of movie. The storyline is always being around the investigation after the incident. The movie also really described how the captain's emotion and feeling after the incident and during NTSB investigate his case. The movie also represented back what is the point of New York's citizens toward Captain and this incident. I can say that this movie doesn't has so much climax where will let you feel panic and afraid. This movie was shoot with recall techniques. There are a few scene of the captain recall back his memory to the process of incident before incident happened. The movie also bring how the captain and first officer take care with each other when the investigation towards them are on-going. The investigation of NTSB started with all evidences are not bring benefits to them but the captain managed to bring victory to them with one important factor in the incident, human factor. The movie ended with happy ending. If you ask me about the scene that I like the most in the movie is in the ending, which captain managed to bring the benefit evidence to him and first officer when they in the NTSB investigation. The scene that let me remembered the most is the really Captain Sully reunion with the passengers and cabin crews after a few year. They become like friends and families after the incident. If the rating is from 0 to 5.0, I will give this movie with the rating of 4.5. That's all for my review.



Tom Hanks as Captain Sully 


Captain Sully


One of  the scenes in the movie

Youtube Trailer


Movie Details

On Jan. 15, 2009, Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger (Tom Hanks) tries to make an emergency landing in New York's Hudson River after US Airways Flight 1549 strikes a flock of geese. Miraculously, all of the 155 passengers and crew survive the harrowing ordeal, and Sullenberger becomes a national hero in the eyes of the public and the media. Despite the accolades, the famed pilot now faces an investigation that threatens to destroy his career and reputation.
Release date: September 9, 2016 (USA)
Director: Clint Eastwood
Distributed by: Warner Bros.
Music by: Christian Jacob
Produced by: Clint Eastwood, Frank Marshall

Notes: This is totally my own opinion to this movie. I doesn't mean to offense anyone if anyone don't agree with my point...

No comments:

Post a Comment